Image Map

Favorite Math Games!

Hi all! Elizabeth here from Kickin' it in Kindergarten! I wanted to share some math games that I have found this year that my kids have really loved. If you do math tubs or math stations in your classroom, you will for sure want to look in to these gems! I do BUILD in my classroom and these have been some of my favorite games to put in the "B" tubs for buddy games. 


This game is called "Pop". There are cards with ten frames, tally marks, hands holding up fingers, addition problems, and numbers. The students spins the little spinner and draws that many cards out of the canister. They have to say the number represented for each card they pull. If they pull a "pop" card, they have to return all of the cards back to the canister. This game can last as long as you want it to. You can tell the kids that they have to collect 10 cards in order to win, or you can just say whoever has the most cards at the end is the winner. 


I don't know if Mental Blox is technically a "game"  because there isn't an actual winner. However, the kids have to work together to figure out how to build what's on the card. It's a great critical thinking game and encourages the students to work together. I rotate in at least once a month in my math tubs with different task cards. 


My kids had the best time playing this game. It was more of a beginning of the year game, but they thought it was tons of fun. There is a game that I also found that is similar that uses bigger numbers. I may have to get it for later in the year!


This is probably one of the cutest ideas I've seen in a long time. I got this game at the beginning of the year and the kids ate it up. There are numbers on the keys. On each lock there is a set of objects on one side and the other side has the number word. The number key that matches the lock will unlock the lock. 



Here are the links where you can find all of the games listed above:

If you want to read more about how I run BUILD math centers in my room, click here to read a post from last week! 



Have a fabulous week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment