Image Map

EASY Stained Glass Christmas Ornament Craft using a Laminator

Hello Friends!

I have always loved the look of tissue paper stained glass ornaments BUT have ALWAYS totally disliked the mess and the difficulty of getting both sides of the ornaments to match. So, as I was thinking of how to avoid this, I came up with an idea that works great and looks beautiful. I did this with my kindergarten class with no assistance, so you KNOW it works!

I have a Scotch personal laminator which I brought into my classroom, but I am sure that you could use your school laminator, too. Here is how I did it:

1.  I first traced the stencils upon black construction paper. Each child needs 2 stencils. This step needs to be done by an adult or older child. Make sure that you lay the stencil along the folded edge of the construction paper.

2.  Add a few glue dots to the outside of one of the stencils to secure it to the bottom of the laminating pouch.


3.  Lay the stencil glue side DOWN to the bottom of the laminating pouch. Students fill the inside of the stencil with pieces of tissue paper. There is no need to glue them down. Just make sure that they are overlapped. 


4.  When the inside is filled, lay the other stencil upon the filled sheet. Make sure that your students have added their name with white crayon to the outside of the second stencil. Close the pouch.


5.  Carefully insert the pouch through the laminator.


6.  This is the fun part! When the ornament has gone through the laminator, students trim the excess film with scissors. Punch a hole in the top and insert a pretty craft stem. Voila! An EASY and NO MESS pretty Christmas hanging ornament!



7. If you would like to try this, I have four ornament choices that you can use. I gave my students a choice as to what they wanted, but that is your choice of course, as to how you do it!


Click the image below to get the stencils and directions!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Easy-Tissue-Paper-Stained-Glass-Christmas-Ornaments-1607214 

Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Years!


5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheri! It really, truly is easy... I did it with kindergarten and they were troopers for the whole thing!

      Thanks for commenting!
      Cindy

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this - a great craft for the days leading up to Christmas at home too! :)

    -Lisa
    Mrs. Spangler in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW, Lisa! I was thinking the same thing... If you had a personal laminator at home, how much fun would that be to make them and hang them in your windows? Have fun!

      Cindy

      Delete
  3. Easy and simple. Its so cute. http://www.astonishingmail.com/ check this out for business holiday greeting cards.

    ReplyDelete